Top 13 Ways Landing Pages Can Build Your Business - What Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Landing Pages to Aide their Marketing Efforts. For many entrepreneurs and business owners, the online marketing scene can very confusing and overwhelming. All that marketing terminology that’s constantly being thrown out there on a daily basis is enough to make one pull the covers over their head and hope it all just goes away.
It can be tough to get up to speed and learn the lingo well enough to be able to make informed decisions on whether your business could benefit from the latest and greatest marketing techniques available or not.
That’s always been my goal with writing these business-related articles – to help you get the clarity you need to be able to move forward in an informed way. So today’s article shares some insights into landing pages.
Landing pages got their name from marketing campaigns that were designed to drive targeted people to a specific page on a website with the intention of converting them to do something.
That “something” is detailed later in this article but first, let’s explore what they are.
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is simply a website page, but it looks different from a typical website. The difference being it has a primary focus – a single “call to action” or focused objective the site owner wants its visitors to do.
So a well-designed landing page will not have any distractions on it like a navigation or links to other pages or websites. The primary reason for this is to keep the visitor focused on that main objective: take action.
This is commonly referred to as “conversion” where the person has converted from being a visitor to someone that has acted on the objective call to action. There are two primary types of landing pages: Click Through and Lead Generation.
The click-through landing pages have a goal of persuading the visitor to click through to another page. This is often done in eCommerce situations where a campaign will send people to a click-through landing page and provide compelling details about a specific product or program and then display a button that will lead people to purchase that item.
Lead generation landing pages are used to capture the name, email address and perhaps other pertinent information from the user so it can be entered into a database list.
That database list, which is typically stored in a newsletter platform service, can then be used to follow up with those people either through an Auto Responder series, newsletter sendouts or various promotional campaigns.
Why You Should Use Landing Pages
Landing pages serve a great purpose when wanting to generate leads and sales for your business. As already mentioned, they provide a no-distraction means to get specific people who are in your ideal target market to get into your marketing funnel.
This marketing funnel can help you develop a “Know, Like and Trust” factor with these people using the follow-up strategies mentioned above.
The more they know, like and trust you, the more apt they are to purchase from you either now or later down the road.
Landing pages are typically used in conjunction with launches or ongoing list-building efforts by driving traffic to the page via Google, Facebook and other ad platforms, content marketing and social media promotions.
To really give your launches a big boost, you can use list segmentation and ad targeting to a variety of landing pages designed for specific audiences.
13 Top Ways of Using Landing Pages
Here’s a brief list of ways you can use landing pages to help boost your business:
1. Offer a free giveaway such as a downloadable PDF eBook, checklist, report or workbook. You could also make it a video series to really captivate your audience.
2. Ask users to participate in a Quiz or Survey. The responses will reveal a solution or explanation to a problem that showcases your expertise
3. Create an event sign-up page for an upcoming webinar, teleseminar or even telesummit
4. Offer a free consultation for the professional services you offer
5. Promote a new or existing product or program that you’re offering
6. Offer a free chapter in a book launch/promotional campaign
7. Set up a free trial offer for a membership program
8. Provide incentive for people to ask for a quote
9. When compelling enough, a simple newsletter signup request can bypass the need for a free giveaway
10. Provide informative case studies or white papers
11. Offer limited-time-only coupons or special offers
12. Have them enter a contest
13. Compel people to sign up to receive “sneak peak” notifications of a future product or program launch.
So as you can see, there are a variety of ways a landing page can be used to help improve your business marketing efforts
Top 13 Ways Landing Pages Can Build Your Business